We have already talked about the Importance of helmet use in cycling, the helmet Giro Ember MIPS for women is a helmet full in all the senses and that offers an exceptional protection against impacts. The use of the helmet in correctly adjusted cycling can decrease the risk of suffering a head injury to 85%, and the 88% the risk of brain injury.
One of the main causes of death in many cyclists when they suffer an accident is a blow or direct trauma to the head, and this can be avoided with the proper use of a helmet. Cyclists, whether they practice this activity by sport or as a means of transport or ride that do not use a helmet, are almost twice as likely to suffer a head injury.
Inspired by the design of the Giro Synthe helmet, the Giro Ember MIPS helmet for women offers all the features that an avid cyclist wants in a light and well designed package. Key features include the Roc Loc 5 adjustment system that allows you to easily mark the adjustment tension, as well as adjust the vertical position with one hand. While Wind Tunnel vents ensure excellent airflow. The Air-FX padding offers comfort on longer trips, while the polycarbonate cover in the mold ensures strength and light weight. With graphic options that combine with the women's collection. The Giro Ember MIPS is the pinnacle of style on the road.
Main characteristics of the Ember MIPS Tour
- The Ember MIPS also features the Multidirectional Impact Protection System (MIPS) as standard equipment. MIPS technology reduces the rotational forces caused by angled impacts and this additional technology does not compromise fit, ventilation or style.
- Polycarbonate cover in the EPS-coated mold provides a lighter, more durable and better ventilated design
- The multidirectional impact protection system (MIPS) reduces the rotational forces caused by angled impacts
- The 26 wind tunnel vents with internal channels provide excellent cooling comfort
- Offers a retention Roc Loc 5 provides a comfortable fit and means to make adjustments with one hand
- The Air-FX padding features a great absorption capacity to expel moisture from the head for comfort
- Design compatible with horsetail
Learn more about MIPS technology
The MIPS is not yet clear
The leader of cycling helmets and MIPS take a step forward in the design of helmets. Giro has long been a leader in the helmets research, design and safety testing industry. For several years, they have collaborated with MIPS to validate and explore ways to further reduce rotational impact energy. They believe that this slip technology can offer a reduced impact impact energy transmission in certain impacts.
"With his extensive experience and depth of resources, Giro provides a unique understanding of our technology," said MIPS founder and CEO Johan Thiel. "MIPS came directly from the research and the possibility of partnering with a manufacturer that uses active research to drive the design of their helmet is a great opportunity."
All Giro helmets are designed to reduce as much energy as possible while meeting and exceeding strict safety standards. The goal of helmets equipped with MIPS Turning is to further reduce the rotational forces. There are three main components of a helmet equipped with MIPS: the EPS liner, the low friction lining and an elastomeric coupling system between them. In case of impact, the elastomeric coupling system is stretched to allow the EPS liner to independently rotate around the cyclist's head. Although the system only moves a few millimeters, Giro believes that helmets equipped with this technology can reduce the amount of rotational force that can be transferred to the cyclist's brain in certain impacts.