El running, or just running, jogging o joggingIt is a sport that consists in running, but in an appropriate way to obtain the benefits that this activity entails, without incurring injuries in the process.
It is one of the sports of the moment.
And the fact is that its simple practice does not require enormous expenditures of money or equipment or super special training to be able to carry it out.
But, in addition to being easy to practice and inexpensive, it involves a series of benefits that we are going to review to encourage you to start in running world.
Benefits of running
- Improve your general fitness. Obviously, any physical activity will lead to progressively improve our physical condition by reducing our heart rate, decrease our body fat levels and increase our muscle mass.
- Improve your immune system. The hormones that are released while you run contribute to your immune system is strengthened and reduce the work requirement of it.
- Strengthen your bones. It is an activity that we develop outdoors. The main source of vitamin D is the one that we produce when our skin has contact with the sun. This will help increase the absorption of calcium at the bone level, which increases its density and prevents osteoporosis.
- Reduce stress. While you run, your body secretes endorphins, which are hormones that improve your mental attitude and even help you reduce anxiety levels.
- Increase your levels of happiness. As you run, serotonin secretes in your body, the hormones of happiness. Not only will you feel better, but you will also be less influenced by the negative things that surround us every day.
- Improve your sex life. Improving your general physical condition will increase your resistance levels, which added to the reduction of stress and high levels of happiness will directly affect an improvement of your sex life.
- It helps you lose weight. The increase in muscle mass and the reduction of body fat levels will start a circle that leads to the continuous burning of calories. The big loser here is the fat, so you can beat the battle to the scale.
- Improve your sleep. The effort you make when training, combined with your daily work, will promote the reconciliation and maintenance of sleep at night.
- Help your concentration. Many studies have shown that those who exercise produce hormones at the brain level that increase their levels of concentration and focus, and with these their general work performance.
- Increase your self-esteem. Obviously, with better weight, circulating hormones that contribute to your state of happiness, better physical condition and with an active sexual life, your self-esteem shoots up.
These are just some of the reasons why we practice, and we invite you to start in the fascinating world of running.
Of course, our permanent recommendation to visit your doctor, submit yourself to a previous check, and obtain your approval to start your practice.
It is also important that you review our different post that speak of the best sneakers that you can use to avoid injuries while you train.